Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trip to San Antonio!

Just been to San Antonio, 3 hours west of Houston, for a little trip...

4 comments:

Joyce Hopewell said...

I think you got to see the Alamo - am I right? I seem to recognise the building from a postcard one of my teachers sent me, and from the film way back in the 60's......(groan)

Belle-mere x

Maylis said...

Yes that's absolutely right!!

Barbara said...

Hi Maylis,
"Remember the Alamo"; the slogan of the time... and Joyce did remember :)
Nothing stops the both of you ;) . But you are right to discover and take advantage.
Is that a river( or canal) flowing through the city? Reminds me of photos I have seen of Mexico.

Bises

Maylis said...

Hi Barbara, yes there is a lovely canal running through the center of San Antonio, and they've built a river walk along it. It's very pleasant, with lots of restaurants, places to sit, and a Ben & Jerry's ice cream place!