Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bits of news...

Hello everyone, and sorry this blog does not get updated more often... I tend to have my hands full with a certain little miss! The husband is now holding the baby, and I can therefore give you some news...

I have a new photo exhibition on, this time at the Alliance Francaise here in Houston. The opening was on Thursday night, and we had a very good turnout, nice food, and I sold quite a few photos too (including two large framed ones). The exhibition is announced on this page: http://www.afdehou.org/index_files/events.htm

The little miss weighed 3.4 kg on Monday, and is growing fast, putting on about 30 grams a day. She's a lot more alert and awake during the day, which is good news for us because it means that she sleeps more at night. In fact, we've now had a few nights when she only woke up once, around 4am (providing hat she'd had her last evening feed at about 11pm).

We managed to eat out at an Italian restaurant last night; Madeleine wasn't quiet the whole time and needed a bit of comforting, but overall we did manage to eat our pizza and chocolate cake, so that's good news!

And this coming week I planning to take her to Hermann Park on Tuesday, and to my bookgroup on Thursday... wish me good luck, I want my baby to cooperate!

Finally, here are some very cute pictures we took today...

4 comments:

Céline said...

Qu'est-ce qu'elle est mimi cette petite louloutte !! C'est gentil de sa part de vous laissez dormir un peu ;-)
Je te souhaite bon courage pour tes deux sorties prévues dans la semaine^-^ mais je sais que ça va bien se passer !!!

Amelye said...

On sera ravies de l'avoir au Cercle de Lecture en tous cas...
;-)

Barbara said...

Salut Maylis,

On dirait que tout va pour le mieux avec ta chérie.Je suis très heureuse pour vous deux.
Comme on dit, "petit à petit, l'oiseau fait son nid", comme vous faites.
Bonne continuation.

Grosses bises.

GreenAbby said...

OMG she is TOOOO cute....I can't! aaaaahhhh

I can't believe I have to wait until Christmas time to see her :(