Monday, April 07, 2008

Texas in Spring...

Texas in Spring looks quite amazing... It's very green, pretty warm, and full of wildflowers (even in town!). Yesterday we went on a drive into the country north-west of Houston, to look for the bluebonnets, the emblematic flower of Texas. We found plenty!! People stop by the side of the highway to take photos of their kids sitting within a sea of flowers, and you find colourful fields by spotting where cars have stopped. We also saw "Indian paintbrushes", which are red, and yellow flowers (whose name I don't know).

Here's a taste of Texas in Spring...


We stopped for lunch at this barbecue place by the side of the road...

And we also spent a while looking around the village of Round Top, which has a display of old Texan houses...


Oh, and we also came across this car...

_____________________________________________
PS: LOADS of photos from Japan if you click on the link on the righthand side (under the heading "My Photos"! I have finally finished uploading them to flickr and you can see the gallery if you click on the link.

6 comments:

Joyce Hopewell said...

Can't wait to join you and see it!!

Belle-mere x

Corinne said...

Coucou,

Je decouvre ton blog, tes photos sont magnifiques...je reviendrais !

Anonymous said...

I'm comingggggggggggggggggggg Maylis !!

Bon septembre vous êtes là quand ?

Sab

Céline said...

Heu le printemps ici rime avec neige (10 bon cm lundi) et gelées... à ce rythme on aura l'été en décembre !!
Comment ? pas de photo de toi dans ce taxi !!! Suis déçue ! lol !

Barbara said...

Salut Maylis & Hugh,
Those iris flowers are so pretty. I just loved them.
On the other hand, when I see the fancy car, I say "isn't that just America ?! "
Bises.

Anonymous said...

Quelles belles fleurs!! Les photos sont superbes!

Le printemps de mon côté est timide, quelques feuilles vertes commencent à sortir du sol, j'ai très hâte aux fleurs!!