He managed to drag me about 3/4 of the way up, and continued to the top by himself.
Here's me by the statue:
Looking at the view, with Castlebay in the distance:
And the view from the very top:
Going back to the mobile home, H went to the co-op and came back with LOADS of stuff for a belated but much deserved breakfast. Then we took the bikes, and headed towards the west coast of the island, where these two fabulous beaches are located, just a couple of miles from each other. Blue skies, white sands, turquoise sea and dunes, what else can you ask for?







Finally, after an afternoon of pedalling, taking photos and looking at beaches, we had a drink in the Isle of Barra hotel, overlooking the sea, and cycled back to the mobile home.
The following morning, the weather was still with us and I took these views of the castle and village whilst we were waiting for the little bus to the airfield.

5 comments:
Hi Maylis & Hugh,
Just so beautiful !
I think maybe you have made a lot us of envious :)
I enjoyed this series. Thank you for sharing with everyone.
Take care.
Just fabulous! Reminds me of the superb holiday we had on Harris & Lewis with stunning beaches all to ourselves & wall-to-wall sunshine. Cherish these memories - a very special trip.
"Blue skies, white sands, turquoise sea and dunes, what else can you ask for?"
Ben moi je sais : des températures supérieures à 20°C ! et c'est tout!
Parce que tout est paradisiaque sauf ça !
I don't know how to write you an email... anyway I want to thank you very very much for the wonderful book you sent me for the "Swap Littéraire", as weel as the page-keepers !
I feel very lucky !
Thank you !
Just beautiful ! [je sais meme pas comment le dire en francais, tellement c'est amazing] Je suis fan, fan, fan !
Post a Comment