A woman from the BBC just rang because they are going to do a short programme about one of the paintings I researched whilst at the Bowes Museum last year (remember I stayed there for 8 months). This painting is going to be part of an exhibition at the National Gallery in London in the Autumn, so I take it the NG are therefore starting to advertise it. Hence the BBC programme... And it's not for radio, no no no it's for the TV and I'm going to be in the programme!
But wait, it gets even better... the filming will take place at the Bowes Museum, with the curator I worked with and... wait for it... Paris!! They want to go and look for the exact location represented in the painting and asked if I could go there with them!!!
Can't quite believe it... Very scary and very exciting!!
I should know more about it in a few days, as we are going to have a meeting at the Bowes to talk about the programme. Will keep you posted (and will start thinking about what to wear on the telly!).
The Bowes Museum's facade:
And the painting in question is shown here
8 comments:
pas sûre d'avoir tout compris mais... fonce!
Ooooooohhhhhhhhh!!! Belle-fille I am hopping up and down with excitement for you! What a wonderful opportunity and how EXCITING!! Please keep us posted and I shall definitely want to know when to watch you on TV! :-)) x
Wow ! je suis impressed madame !!!
Bravo bravo !
Congratulations ! What a wonderful experiment it'll be ! Let us know what's next...
I took some time to read your blog and now I'm crazy about it !
Barra is very very beautiful. And I liked your photos challenge.
Bizzzs, Audrey
Désolée pour mon anglais... j'ai beaucoup perdu
Ben nan, il est bien ton anglais Audrey! :-)
Ben comme à dit Andy Warhol, on a tous un quart d'heure de célébrité... Fais toi belle mais pas trop et sourtout smile !
Je suis fière de toi... après tu pourras idre " Sortez moi de là ! je suis une célébrité!" ( ndlr: nom d'une émission débile diffusée sur TF1 ) et n'oublie pas d'enregistrer l'emission pour me la montrer aux USA ;)
Maylis, that is so exciting !
We all will be waiting for your report.
Tell us the name of the program, so we may (perhaps) be able to see it on the net/ TV .
Wishing you all the best.
Post a Comment