Yes it made a change in my daily non-routine. A temping agency rang me on Monday morning asking if I could do some work that very same afternoon. And so I ended up (wo)manning the reception of a very posh office in the city centre, answering calls, redirecting them to the right people, leaving voicemail if necessary etc... A bit stressful at first as I had never done this before, but altogether ok! I think I only cut off one person accidentally!!
Yesterday I busied myself with helping a PhD student by participating in a linguistics experiment... I had to describe in English a number of very simple cartoon images to another French woman, who had to say if they matched the image on her screen, and she in turn described images to me...
3 comments:
I send your "swap littérature" parcel tomorrow ;) kisses !
Hi Maylis,
I'am glad to see you are keeping busy before your big move. Good for you!
That office work sounds nice. It always is good for some experience and of course, money.
Come and see the meme that I tagged you with. If you are too busy, you can pass it to someone else.
See you later .
P.S. You,Abby & your Mum in law have all been tagged ;)
Well done Maylis - juggling those phones & being on the front line sounds fun and quite a learning curve. And you were PAID too!! ;-))
Post a Comment