The one on the left is a 'brownie pagoda' (hehe guess who that's for), and the one on the right a huge slice of carrot cake. I have been having the brownie pagoda for 2 nights for dessert and there's still some left! It's just enormous! At $2.99 for the brownie, and $1.99 for the carrot cake they're really quite a good investment...
As for cars, the situation is improving as I will be able to get my own little rented car from next week. H's company has agreed to pay for it, which is really rather nice, so we'll go and fetch a car for me Monday or Tuesday. Bit scared at the prospect of driving here, but I really need to get on the road and do it!
Last night we went to a couple of car dealers to see what we could buy, and we tried two Mazdas: the CX-7, which is a small SUV (lovely to drive! I really quite liked it), and a sporty number, the RX-8. Here is what they look like:


After the Mazda garage, we went to carmax, a car supermarket. It was quite a funny experience, with a very friendly salesman driving us around the car park in a golf buggy! We saw some monstrous pick-up trucks, a Hummer and Minis (aren't they cute? I'm quite tempted!).
Until soon for another episode of our "we discover America and it's all so big" adventures!
3 comments:
Good news that the company will pay for your car hire - that is very nice! Sounds like the car shopping expedition was fun too! Blue Mazda looks good ( hey - my first car was a blue Mazda!)
Cakes: Mine's a brownie pagoda, please.....!! ;-))
Héhé ! Je vois que tu ne perd pas de temps !!! ;-) En tout cas ce n'est pas cher compte tenu de la taille. J'espère que le goût est à la hauteur de la taille du gateau.
Quant à la voiture, je choisis la rouge...OK la couleur est un peu flashy mais j'adore sa ligne sportive. Bon après il faut qu'elle soit confortable et qu'elle ne consomme pas trop...et, important, quid de la taille de la banquette arrière ;-)
That brownie pagoda looks DE-lic-ious. I'm getting a sugar buzz just looking at it.
Post a Comment